Volunteering is simple and fun – It’s about giving your time to do something useful, to help other people and to make a difference to other people’s lives.
In return you get the satisfaction of time and effort well spent. In addition, volunteering can be a great way to meet new people, learn new skills, and gain useful experience… and most important of all, have fun!
The ranges of opportunities here at TOKKO are vast. Whatever skills and experience you have, there is something here that you can do. Don’t worry if you don’t think you have anything to offer, time is the greatest skill. With training you will soon have plenty to offer as well as having gained genuine work experience, life skills and something employers like to see on your CV
The biggest problem for many people is finding the time to volunteer. It can reduce your choices if you don’t have much time to spare, but many busy people do find great opportunities to fit their busy schedule. We are open from 9am till 9pm so plenty of time to find a few hours.
Why volunteer? We say why not?!:
5 very good reasons to find time to volunteer and support TOKKO:
- Learn new skills and enhance your future career prospects as well as receive appropriate training and support. Perhaps we could be your next reference for that dream job?
- Personal satisfaction – when you do something that supports a charity such as TOKKO you get that feel good factor knowing that you are helping them make a difference to young people and are giving back to your local community.
- Develop confidence and self-esteem and meet and make new friends. Sometimes especially if you have been out of the job scene for a while it can be scary taking those first steps to get back into employment. Volunteering helps and demonstrates a positive proactive approach when applying for new opportunities.
- Perhaps you could share your professional skills and knowledge to benefit our young people through pro bono support – helping people access professional information and guidance where finance may be a barrier – helping them make informed decisions about their future.
- Have FUN and stay young at heart.
TOKKO could not undertake the valuable work including disadvantaged vulnerable young people without the gift of time from our fantastic volunteers – millions of people all over the country volunteer so why not roll up your sleeves, take the plunge and join TOKKO and its young people on their next journey.
For more details of volunteering, volunteering roles and opportunities please contact:
Andy Calvert – Executive Manager